Up front this is a mea culpa- we handled the fee change poorly, apologized endless times, and are going one step further. For the month of January, we are setting Tindieâ€™s fee to 0%. This includes current sellers and any new sellers that join our rowdy bunch. We set the bar very high for ourselves, and you rightly called us out on it. We are incredibly sorry.
0% Fees for January
This applies to all orders including:
- Orders earlier this month (Weâ€™ve already adjusted this in your store)
- New Backorders that may be filled after January 31
- Existing Fundraisers
To ensure this doesnâ€™t happen again
- Changed our Terms of Service to include a clause â€˜Any changes that affect these terms will be announced via email 2 weeks prior to the change.â€™
- Updated our internal support system: http://tindie.desk.com
- Sellers now controller the Sellerâ€™s community @ http://www.reddit.com/r/Tindie_Sellers/
We are very serious about these changes, and wanted to make sure we cleaned up the entire mess we created before sending this email. 2014 is the year Tindie grows up. We are focusing on the areas that Tindie is and will continue to be the world leader.
In that spirit and to follow our new terms, we will be retiring Fundraisers in two weeks. All existing fundraisers will be able to run their course, but we will be deactivating new fundraisers today. You can still create products & accept preorders - just set the number in stock as 0 & check the box for backorders. The reason for this change is we must focus on what we can be the best at, and crowd funding ended up not being one of those things.
Again, we apologize for not handling the fee change appropriately. By setting the January fee to 0%, we hope that makes things right. Internally we have already taken the steps to ensure a situation like this doesnâ€™t happen again. We are living by these values and are wildly excited about the year ahead.
Here's to a great 2014!