Tip of the Month
February is American Heart Month.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, Shenandoah University is proudly participating in American Heart Month.
Here are a few ways you can participate on campus:
- Take a FREE SU fitness class during the day or after work.
- Get up out of your chair and try these office exercises provided by Dr. Barry Parker & Dr. Jessica Sudock.
- Take a stroll around our beautiful campus.
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy.
For more information, visit the American Heart Association.