Update and Video
Over the past few months we have been blessed with many opportunities to serve, as well as times to rest in the Lord. We are thankful for your partnership with our Wycliffe ministry here in Cameroon. With your prayers, financial partnership and words of encouragement, we are able to see Cameroonians grow in having God's Word.
- Teresa finished up the school year and we took a short vacation to the beach at Kribi for a little relaxation and fun.
- Matthew helped Campus Crusade for Christ with promoting Christ Day here in Cameroon. 1227 pastors and church leaders attended a revival to declare Jesus as Lord of Cameroon.
- Matthew worked with the the Kwanja team to print the second of three books of the Protestant Lectionary in Kwanja.
- Matthew meets every Friday for lunch with Dan, a friend and co-worker, to discuss Christian books that interest them. The first was The Unseen Realm by Michael S. Heiser. They enjoy meeting and studying together.
- Teresa had the opportunity to travel to the mountains with Dan's wife and a visiting counselor who hosted a summer program for the expatriate children. They enjoyed this hike (pictured below) up to a waterfall!
- The school year started with Joint Learning Session (JLS). There were 6 boys in Teresa's kindergarten class (pictured below). It was a great two weeks of learning.
- Matthew helped with or lead several workshops. One workshop used a new tool called Bloom to create simple books in the languages in Cameroon. As a resident computer guru, Matthew was also asked to lead a Google Calendar training with the Aviation department. Imagine Matthew helping people get organized!
- Matthew started a new role as Domain Team Leader for Francophone Africa Area Language Technology. This means greater responsibilities across French-speaking Africa (see "Looking Ahead").
- After JLS ended, two boys remained in Teresa's class for The Greenhouse. Both boys are into a good routine and academically off to a good start. Their favorite parts of the day include playing with balls at recess and building creative structures with blocks.
- Matthew had fun preparing a Google Drive Training for several departments.
- We were both able to celebrate our birthdays!
- Teresa started running with the Rain Forest (high school) running club on Tuesdays and Fridays of each week as they train to climb Mount Cameroon in January.
- Matthew was able to help with the publication of the Noni Dictionary (pictured below with Guillaume, the local printer).
- For Teresa, October started off with a very appreciated break week from school. Matthew took a few days off from work and we took a mini retreat to a local guest house that is within walking distance from where we live. We enjoyed playing games, resting, reading our Bibles, and some good meals that Teresa didn't have to cook!
- A new student (a girl!) is expected to start in Teresa's kindergarten class at the beginning of November.
- Matthew is organizing a ParaTExt 8 Training the week of Nov. 28-Dec. 2 in Burkina Faso. This will focus on new tools for organizing and completing Bible translations.
- An eleven-day Joint Learning Session will occur again in December. This one includes Teresa teaching swimming lessons in the afternoon.
- Matthew will be a trainer at next year's Outilingua Training in Burkina Faso in February.