You are invited to attend the first-ever UCSF Naffziger Surgical Society Day on Friday, May 19, 2017. Naffziger Day will be a one-day non-CME symposium dedicated to the past, present and future of UCSF surgery, capped off with a celebration dinner honoring the 2017 graduating Chief Residents in General Surgery.
The symposium will consist of a series of talks and panel discussions by Naffziger members from around the U.S., as well as current UCSF faculty and residents. Topics will include the following:
Our goal is to bring together multiple generations of UCSF surgeons, from our most distinguished senior alumni to our current trainees. We hope to generate substantive discussion of the history and future of surgical training and practice, while celebrating our common lineage as graduates of the UCSF Department of Surgery.
- Modernizing surgical training
- Surviving and thriving after residency
- Mentoring, role models, and new ideals of leadership
- Critical thinking and evidence-based practice
Speakers will include:
Symposium and Dinner Honoring Chief Residents
The symposium will take place on Friday May 19th, from 9AM - 5 PM at:
UCSF Mission Bay Campus
1855 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
The annual dinner will follow with cocktails at 6:30 PM and dinner at 7:30 PM at:
One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Women in Surgery
On the evening of Thursday, May 18th, Karen Deveney and Shelley Marks will kick off our Naffziger festivities by hosting a Women in Surgery event. Please click here for full details.
Cost for Events
Members - $150 per person; this includes lunch at the symposium and dinner at One Market.
Guests - $100 per guest you bring to the dinner.
- If you pay by check (see below), use the RSVP & Payment Form that you should mail in with the check.
- Otherwise RVSP by emailing our Executive Secretary, Annette Bronstein at email@example.com, or calling her directly at: (650) 992-1387. Please indicate who will be attending and the name(s) of any guest(s) you will be bringing.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at Naffziger Day on May 19th!
- By Check - Fill out and print the RSVP & Payment Form. Enclose it with your check and mail it to the Society.
- PayPal - Choose the "Pay for Events" button on the Naffziger Society Website. Pay the total amount for yourself and any any guest(s) you will be bringing.
Wen T. Shen, M.D., M.A.
UCSF Naffziger Surgical Society
Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Division of General Surgery
University of California San Francisco